PART OF THE WHOLE
Bethany Church was established in 1895 when a group of German immigrants of the Evangelical tradition joined together on the basis of a shared faith and common cultural background. By 1920, ground was broken at our present site, and in 1930, following the construction of the gymnasium and parsonage, the sanctuary was ready for Christmas Worship.
Following the joining of the Evangelical, Reform and Congregational Church bodies in 1957, Bethany Evangelical became Bethany United Church of Christ.
The history of Bethany is not limited to the building. Within the sanctuary there are plaques adorning the wall and the pulpit remembering those members and pastors who are no longer with us. The congregation decorates the altar with roses on All Saint's Sunday to celebrate their memories and their legacy.